The workshop – the seventh of a series initiated by Hans Scheel in in 1998 – is devoted to Crystal Growth Technology, industrial crystal growth technologies and equipment. The focus lies on preparation of bulk and substrate crystals.
Topics of the workshop will include:
- Industrial growth technology of silicon and III-Vs
(for electronics and photovoltaics)
- Growth technology for oxide and dielectric crystals
(for piezoelectrics, lasers, scintillators, etc.)
- Wide band gap semiconductor substrates
(sapphire, GaN, AlN, oxide electronics, etc.)
- Emerging fields and technologies in crystal growth
- Crucible and equipment technologies
- Raw materials, recycling, and efficiency issues
The workshop links R&D to the actual production, bridging science and practice. International experts will present topical lectures with enough additional time for discussions and debate. The workshop will also comprise a panel discussion and poster sessions, including a DGKK poster prize. .
Meet the experts in crystal growth technology at IWCGT-7!